Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Samuel L. Jackson Comments on a Potential Role in S.H.I.E.L.D. Will S.H.I.E.L.D.'s leader appear on the TV series?

Ever since we learned about the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series, many have wondered if Samuel L. Jackson might reprise his movie role as Nick Fury. While no one is expecting Jackson to be a series regular, it seems as though a guest appearance here or there could certainly be a possibility.

In a new interview with MTV, Jackson was asked about whether he might appear on S.H.I.E.L.D., but says he hasn’t spoken to Joss Whedon –- who is co-writing and directing the pilot -- about it. However, Jackson adds, “In my mind, I would tend to think that he would, if nothing else, be like Charlie in Charlie's Angels. At least be the voice!" You can check out what Jackson had to say about S.H.I.E.L.D. -- and his role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- in the video below.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, starring Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, plus Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker and Brett Dalton as new characters, goes into production next month. So unless Jackson is keeping a big secret, it seems unlikely that he will appear on-camera in the pilot episode. But hey, Marvel has been known to shoot some of their post-credit sequences months after main production wrapped, so you never know. And as Jackson says, it would be pretty easy to at least include his voice...

Should S.H.I.E.L.D. be picked up to series – and how can it not?! – it would likely debut next fall on ABC.


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment